Monday, July 28, 2008

Learning to Breathe

I'm having a hard time breathing today. Not like the "oh my goodness it's an asthma attack" sort of non breathing, but just like a "this is a prelude to a panic attack someone is sitting on my chest and I'm having trouble taking a deep breath" can't breathe issue. Not good, particularly considering I'm at work. On the plus side, it hasn't turned into an actual panic attack and I'm not feeling that it will. *Crosses fingers and knocks on wood.*
There are 11 minutes until lunch time so hopefully over lunch I will go sit outside and try and breathe deeply unless the rain starts, in which case I will try and find some hiding place in my office. I'm definitely wondering if I started feeling this way because my boss and three other collegues had a meeting this morning. Two of these collegues and I usually seem to be friends but today things are a little bit strange. The meeting was definitely hush hush so I can't help but over-react and get suspicious, even though I'm almost positive it had nothing to do with me.
Yesterday was a good day. Jill and I went on an adventure after church and then bought books and drank starbucks. Yay. I also watched some football, played wii and had a nap. All good things. Unfortunately Wyatt and I didn't connect on our phone call last night but I'm hoping it happens tonight. I really want to catch up and be part of each others lives again.
Tonight there are no set plans. I think this is a good thing. Maybe I'll watch a movie and make cookies. I wanted to watch coach carter last night and make cookies but by the time I thought about it and got organized I really needed to go to bed.
Now it is 12pm, which means its time for me to turn the phones off, lock the door and venture outside into the cloudy but hopefully rain free wilderness.

Wish me luck with the whole breathing thing. I hear it's kind of important.
MJ

No comments: